Cake Gallery Slideshow


Monday, November 24, 2008

Trend Spotting: Russian Folk Art

Russian Matryoshka Dolls (photo from Google Images)

Oops, I was just TOO tired to blog yesterday! But I'm back with a continuation of my previous blog about Trends in design in 2009. I said I would post pics that corresponded to the trends, and this is an item I actually found before I read the article! How cute are these Russian Matryoshka Dolls? I've seen several instances of the cute nesting dolls making their way into our homes by way of dishes, DIY craft kits, pillows, etc. But these ceramic Matryoshka Doll measuring cups really take the cake, in my opinion. They're actually useful, for one thing, and they certainly reflect the growing trend of Russian patterns and art.

I spotted them in the Anthropologie catalog, which I always love for their unique items. Although I don't sell these (and I wish I did), I don't mind sharing with everyone that you will soon see these in my kitchen!