Cake Gallery Slideshow


Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Get Baking

Forget for a moment that Christmas really is next month and let's just focus on the fact that Thanksgiving is next week! For many years, Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday. I love that it has everything to do with being thankful, being with those you love, and FOOD!

Here's a recipe I was given last year at Thanksgiving and have been making all year since. It's so good . . . more like cake than "bread."

PUMPKIN BREAD

4 Eggs
1 C. Oil
2 C. Flour
1 C. Pineapple Tidbits (not drained)
2 tsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 can Pumpkin
Beat Sugar & Eggs until well blended. Add Oil. Combine dry ingredients and add into egg mixture. Add Pumpkin & Pineapple. Grease pans (3 disposable bread tin pans) and pour into containers. Bake between 50-60 min. at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean.

(I bake mine in mini loaf pans, perfect size for my daughters' lunch boxes.)