Cake Gallery Slideshow


Sunday, November 9, 2008

If the Shoe Fits, Eat It


A friend asked if I really made a shoe cake because of my previous post with the shoe piñata pic. Yes, I did do a shoe cake (have done several actually!) for a little girl's birthday, and the shoe piñata was an 'inspiration' for the finished product. The pic helped me figure out the shape of the cake, although I ultimately opted for a wedge heel for more cake 'support'!

This is, to date, still one of my most favorite cakes. I've listed it on my
cake 'Hall of Fame' (see sidebar) because I loved how it turned out! And it's an unapologetically girly cake too--the theme of the party was a dress-up birthday party at Miss Priss, complete with a runway model show at the end!

**My NaBloMoPo week-long streak on The Sweet Spot came to an end yesterday; after 78 cups of cake batter, 18 cups of frosting and countless hours of decorating, I completely forgot to blog!**