Cake Gallery Slideshow


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chocolate Just For You

Photo from Google Images

As I mentioned recently, I was a Career Day speaker at my daughter's elementary school for the second year in a row! Both times, I gave each student a copy of my favorite chocolate buttercream frosting recipe, one that I use on my cakes when people request chocolate frosting. (Unfortunately, chocolate frosting is rarely asked for compared to vanilla buttercream.) When I started the blog, I promised recipes and tips, in addition to product information and random anecdotes, so here is Sweetest Whimsy’s Favorite Chocolate Frosting Recipe, just for you:

Ingredients:

* 3 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided
* 2/3 cup baking cocoa (ie. Hershey’s, Nestle Toll House, etc. I use either Hershey's Special Dark or Nestle Toll House, but you can use whichever brand you prefer)
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
* 5 to 6 tablespoons milk, divided
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in remaining sugar and milk until smooth. Makes 2 cups total.

This recipe is a slightly scaled down version of what I usually make for cake orders. Can be doubled easily.

Enjoy!