Visit Sweetest Whimsy Online!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Chocolate Just For You
* 3 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided
* 2/3 cup baking cocoa (ie. Hershey’s, Nestle Toll House, etc. I use either Hershey's Special Dark or Nestle Toll House, but you can use whichever brand you prefer)
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
* 5 to 6 tablespoons milk, divided
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in remaining sugar and milk until smooth. Makes 2 cups total.
This recipe is a slightly scaled down version of what I usually make for cake orders. Can be doubled easily.