Cake Gallery Slideshow


Wednesday, October 17, 2012

31Days of Tricks & Treats: Days 16 & 17 - Exotic




Well, my bad.  I went to a costume party last night and then sort of injured myself (dumb story), so I didn't get a chance to post Day 16.  So here is Day 16/Day 17 all rolled into one!  I'm crazy about Craftsy, as you've probably already guessed!  They have a new course that I'm totally excited about as well-- Exotic Sugar Orchids with the fabulously talented James Roselle.  I had the pleasure of watching James decorate a wedding cake in a funny 'Cake Wrecks' themed event earlier this year, and he is awesome!  He is also very nice and very patiently posed for pictures after the show.

Anyway, he is offering a gum paste Orchids course on Craftsy and it is a mere $39.99.  As some of you may know, I do teach a 4-week Advanced Gum Paste Flowers course featuring some lovely, realistic looking flowers like Gerbera Daisies, Stephanotis and Lilies.  However, I do not teach gum paste orchids so I am happy to learn from James Roselle myself!  I have seen his work on the Food Network's Cake Challenges many times, so it's exciting to finally learn how he does it.  James' Craftsy course is less than $40, while my own course is $45, so this is a very nice deal.

As with all of Craftsy's classes, once you are enrolled, you can watch the course online as many times as you want, over and over and over again.  You can also ask James Roselle questions about the course and he will actually answer them! 

You'll find a link to Craftsy on Sweetest Whimsy's website, or you can click on the banner below to get crafting: