Cake Gallery Slideshow


Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Days of Tricks & Treats: Day 6 - Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate!

So the other day I blogged about Craftsy and the decadent chocolate cakes.  Yum.  Today I am even more excited--bursting really-- to share a new TREAT: one of my favorite cake designers and instructors is offering her own course on Craftsy!

Cityscape Cakes: Intro to Modeling Chocolate

This is a class I have taken with her myself, and it was amazing and fabulous and I learned SO much as a cake decorator.  Lauren Kitchens is a Texas cake artist who also happens to share her craft through her classes she teaches around the country.  I took her Austin Cityscape Cakes: Intro to Modeling Chocolate class earlier this year and it opened up a whole new world of decorating options for me.  I had never attempted anything with modeling chocolate before then, and she made it so easy and absolutely do-able!

So now I'm a big fan of modeling chocolate, and an even bigger fan of Lauren's, who also happened to create wedding cakes for two of my very dear friends.  A class with Lauren runs around $200, well worth the money in my opinion, but on Craftsy, you can take a class with her for less than $40!  And you can watch it over and over again.  That is a steal!

 Here is a sneak peek at what you might create after signing up for Lauren's new Cityscape Cakes class online:

My Austin Cityscape Cake! The 2nd one I've made so far.

This is Lauren, showing us how it's done, at the class I took earlier this year.
This was my sample Austin Cityscape cake, done in class!


Love chocolate?  Check out Lauren Kitchen's new class on Craftsy!  I'm signing up for it AGAIN!