Cake Gallery Slideshow


Monday, April 19, 2010

FoodieLicious: Fizzy Cranberry-Lemonade Punch

This recipe brings back lots of memories. I first learned how to make it in college, I think my junior year, which would have been 1991 or 1992? I was at an Asian Beauty seminar, believe it or not, and the woman hosting the event started mixing up this yummy and incredibly easy punch for everyone. I was in no way interested in cooking back then, but I did like this punch and it was easy enough to remember through the years whenever I needed a punch recipe. I have made it countless times. Even kids love it.

This version of the recipe is from Good Housekeeping and I wrote it down finally because it was similar to the one the Shiseido lady made for us 18 years ago.

Fizzy Cranberry-Lemonade Punch

Servings: about 9 cups or 12 servings

4 cups cranberry-juice cocktail
1 container (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 bottle (1 liter) seltzer or club soda, chilled
1 small orange, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then each slice cut in half

In large pitcher, stir together cranberry-juice cocktail and undiluted lemonade concentrate until blended. Then, stir in seltzer, and ice cubes if you like. Garnish with orange pieces. Serve immediately.

Note: You can blend this ahead and keep it chilled, but don't add the cold seltzer and ice cubes until just before serving.

My Notes: I have also garnished it with frozen cranberries at holiday time.