Cake Gallery Slideshow


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Foodielicious: Chocolate Chip Cookie Marble Bark

Marble Bark using Chips Ahoy! I use whatever I like!
Pic from KraftRecipes.com

As many of you know, I am always searching for ways to use up boxes of cookies! As a Girl Scout leader, my pantry is filled year-round with Girl Scout cookies. In addition, we have other cookies we like as well, some we buy and some I bake. Sometimes, you just get tired of eating cookies! So I like to mix things up a bit and use the cookies in other recipes. Here is one I found when searching for a way to use up some chocolate chip cookies. It's very, very easy, which I what I like most about it! The original recipe calls for Chips Ahoy! brand cookies, but as we never have those around (and likely never will), I substitute with whatever I have on hand.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Marble Bark

1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
1 pkg. (6 squares) BAKER'S White Chocolate, chopped
9 Chocolate Chip Cookies (original recipe calls for White Fudge Chunky CHIPS AHOY! Real Chocolate & White Fudge Chunk Cookies), coarsely broken
1/4 cup Slivered Almonds, toasted

1.Microwave semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate in separate medium microwaveable bowls as directed on package.
2. Add half of the cookie pieces to chocolate in each bowl; mix well.
3. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate mixtures onto wax paper-covered baking sheet, alternating the colors of the chocolates. Cut through the chocolate mixtures several times with knife for marble effect.
4. Sprinkle evenly with almonds; press lightly into chocolate.
5. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Break into 14 pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature.

My notes: This recipe is so simple you can use pretty much any crumbly cookie you have on hand! Someone else noted they used Oreos. Yum.