Cake Gallery Slideshow


Monday, December 29, 2008

Sweet Tradition

Photo from Google Images

Another food-related post! You can tell what's been on my mind during the holidays!

A Hispanic friend of mine told me a couple of years ago that she likes to have tamales on New Year's Eve. I know tamales are traditional during the holiday season, so last year, when we hosted our very first ever New Year's Eve party, we served tamales, pork and chicken. They were a hit of course.

For New Year's Eve 2008, I'm serving something new that I've been curious about all year--Sweet Tamales made with coconut, raisin and pecans. I found out about them last year when I bought the savory tamales at my favorite place, but they had already sold out of the sweet tamales, which are only made during the holiday season. I can't wait to taste them!