Cake Gallery Slideshow


Thursday, February 11, 2010

So In Character: Classic Pooh


As I've mentioned before, until a couple of years ago, I'd never done a Classic Winnie the Pooh cake. I'd done the brightly colored Disney Pooh in various forms many times, but never a more low-key, pastel version of the loveable childhood friend.

So when one of my best girlfriends told me her new baby's nursery theme was Pooh, I jumped at the chance to do a Classic Pooh themed shower for her! The invitations were sweet but still boyish enough for her soon-to-arrive Sam:

I love this invitation, which we printed in a light sage green ink. All Classic Pooh and other Disney theme invitations are from my fabulous Carlson Craft Disney album of wedding and social invitations and accessories. It's been my go-to source for all of my kids' Disney-themed parties (and we've had quite a few of them over the years.) My girls love picking out their party invitations from the big blue Disney book!

Designs for the cake followed the invitation, using the same muted pastel colors of Classic Pooh. I have several cake pans shaped like Pooh, but chose the 3-D pan so the cake could really be a centerpiece at the shower. And he certainly was! The shower's co-host thought the cake was the cutest thing (as I thought the same of her watermelon shaped like a baby carriage!).





Pooh and his Hunny Pot, surrounded by yummy cookies!

Classic Pooh logo from Sweetest Whimsy's Carlson Craft site