Cake Gallery Slideshow


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thin Mints Cookie Pizza


Ha! I already suck at this blog schedule! I almost forgot to post my Monday 'Foodie Fun' and 'Shop Talk' bits on my respective Sweetest Whimsy blogs. Actually, I did forget what day it was and posted tomorrow's topic on Paper Dolls today! (And then went back and changed it so it's posted on the proper day.) Ay-yi-yi. What next?!

So here's the updated blogging schedule for The Sweet Spot, because I can't seem to figure out the other one:
Mondays: FoodieLicious (*new and improved theme!*)
Tuesdays: Blog Day Off
Wednesdays: Cake Spotlight
Thursdays: 52 Blessings
Fridays: Let Them Eat Cake--52 Recipes

So here it is, some FoodieLicious fun just for you:

Girl Scout Cookie Sale 2010 is well underway here in Southwest Texas, so in honor of the Sale and if you, like me, need a quick way to use up extra Thin Mints, I'm giving you my favorite Rachael Ray recipe--

Thin Mints Pizza Supreme

From Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine
April 2007
8 servings

One 18-ounce package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie
dough
Half of a box Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies (about 20
cookies)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (6 ounces)
2 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half

1. Preheat the oven to 350ยบ. Line a 12-inch pizza pan or a 9-by-13- inch baking dish with parchment paper. Using your fingers, press the cookie dough to fit the pan. Break the thin mints into quarters and gently press them into the dough. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a double boiler, whisk together the white chocolate chips and cream until the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat. Using a fork, drizzle the topping over the cooled pizza. Cut into slices.

My notes: A favorite at our house and to take to parties. Have made it for my husband and daughter's birthdays!